8.09.2007

Round 6 Match 2

Looney Tunes vs. Disney!
These two are truly the giants of animation. And now they face off to claim the cartoon crown!
Historically significant? Yes. Both have remained at the top of their game for decades, and influenced later generations of icons within their media. (Think of all the "funny animal" characters who are rabbits or mice.)
Popularity or "coolness"? Yes. Both are undeniably popular. While some may want to paint Mickey as a symbol of a big commercial bulldozer, somebody out there is shelling out the money for the plane tickets to Florida, and they usually come back happy. And, let's not forget the Warner Brothers cash-grabs like "Space Jam" or the numerous times Looney Tunes characters have found themselves on products from running shoes to toothpaste. So don't hate the player.
Combat? Bugs has a bit of an advantage here, since his adventures tended to be a little more violent, but let's not count the Mouse out. He's taken down giants and wielded powerful magic so he's tougher than the shrill voice would indicate.
The evidence is yours to deliberate as you wish. Trust your instincts and vote your conscience. Who's going to the finals and who's going to the taxidermist? Your votes decide!

Comments:
Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Hey there hi there ho there
You're as welcome as can be
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Mickey Mouse (Donald Duck)
Mickey Mouse (Donald Duck)
Forever let us hold your banner high (high, high, high!)

Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Now it's time to say goodbye
To all our company

M-I-C, See you real soon
K-E-Y, Why? Because we like you
M-O-U-S-E
 
Office Poll:

Tenille: Mickey

Eric: Bugs
 
Oh my goodness - Mickey for sure! I mean, there are entire theme parks inspired by him. And, at the parks, Mickey's ears are the inspriration for all the Disney artists...uh uh, I've never been to "Looney Land" - see you Bugs Bunny - that's all folks.
 
Ugh. Bugs has character.
 
I agree with Jeffy, as do my two boys. And remember, Bugs lives in my backyard. Under the shed I think...
 
Bugs.
 
Mickey
 
I think that Bugs lives in our shed - or at least some bunny does.

But since I promised to only decide by placing the contestants on a television show. The rodents compete on Canadian Idol.

Mickey should win - but since the voting lately has made no since on the reality show. I must follow suit and give Bugs the vote.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?