8.09.2007

Round 6 Match 1

Comic Books vs Star Wars
He survived battles with the likes of the Grinch and even Superman, but can Batman defeat the wise "sage" Jedi? (Get it? He's green? Sage green? Is this thing on?)
Both have their share of pop culture references: from the "Bat-this" and "Holy-that", to the distinctive reverse-speak and Frank Oz voice.
Both are "cool". No one would be embarrassed if they got a Batman or Yoda toy or T-Shirt for their birthday.
Both are representative of larger franchises. Batman is a watershed icon in the comics community, and although there were other Star Wars icons in the competition, no one can deny the influence the Lucasverse has had on the film industry.
The choice will be hard, but it must be done nonetheless! Make your decision and vote wisely!

Comments:
Batman. Puh-lease....
 
Office Poll

Tenille: Batman

Eric: Batman (although had the competitor been the Star Wars franchise versus just Yoda, he would have voted differently)
 
Batman - all the way! Ah, my Christian.....As an aside, Yoda gives me the creeps.
 
You people are all cuckoopants. Come up with a defining quote from Batman, you cannot.
 
One vote for Yoda - Mine and two votes for Batman. Obviously I have to spend more time educating my children on what's right in the world.
 
[Batman dangles a mugger over the side of a building]
Nic: Don't kill me! Don't kill me, man! Don't kill me! Don't kill me, man!
Batman: I'm not going to kill you. I want you to do me a favor. I want you to tell all your friends about me.
Nic: What are you?
Batman: (Dramatic pause.) I'm Batman.

Then much, much later...

The Joker: Bruce... Wayne, n'est-ce pas?
Bruce Wayne: Most of the time.

Bruce Wayne: They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge...ME.
 
"Good grammar is essential, Robin."

"I'm Batman."

Batman (in full costume): I'm just going to hang around the bar. I don't want to look conspicuous.

***

Batman: [to Mr. Freeze] Naturally you didn't know I was wearing my special Super B long thermal underwear.

I'll be back in three minutes and twenty seconds.

"If Clark wanted to, he could use his super-speed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person.
...and deep down, I'm not"

For a start (and a chuckle) :)
 
Batman
 
Batman and Yoda face off in the of Survivor....

NO... Wheel of Fortune....

No ... The Price is right....

uhmmmm... how about ... Who's Design is it Anyway.

Oh, I don't know I have been up all night.

Batman
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?