8.16.2007

ICON-O-CLASH! FINAL BATTLE!


Bugs vs. Bats! Epic/Final Showdown/Confrontation for Ultimate/Supreme Pop Cultur-ity!!!!
OK folks, this is it: the final match to determine the winner of the ICON-O-CLASH! Masters Tournament.
In one corner: a rascally rabbit; suave, cool under pressure, who always has a trick up his sleeve.
In the other: a man of action; determined, skilled, and equally prepared for anything.
Bugs is reminiscent of Batman's usual foil, the Joker. Bugs usually plays the usurper, poking holes in the status quo of his opponents. Could he undermine the cool facade of the Dark Knight and get under his skin? Bugs has humbled bigger than Mr. Wayne before, (remember "The Crusher"? Remember the construction worker guy? Remember that big red monster thing to whom he gave a "dynamite" hair-do?)
Or would it play out like most of Batman's other battles. The antagonist breezes into town, creating chaos everywhere and gets the best of Bats. Then, when all seems lost and our hero is either licking his wounds in the Batcave or trapped in some kind of intricately gimmicky death-machine, his keen detective skills and resourcefulness kick in and he pulls out the win. Besides, bats eat bugs, right?

Comments:
I'll check in here first with a vote for Bugs. If this contest has shown anything, it's that both are cool, but Batman has had too many incarnations, and the Bunny has stayed truer to his self over the years.

Then again, when 900 years old he is, look this good he will not. Damn it! Why didn't Yoda make it here?
 
For Bugs' latest incarnation, check out "Loonatics Unleashed". Wierd to watch from a purist's point of view
 
OK, seriously Buggs bunny is cool, but freakin Batman he is not... not even Saturday WB Batman. I've got it, now in theatres, Bugs Bunny Begins, or the new comic, The Dark Bugs.

Now if the photo was adam west batman, bugs might have been able to pull it off, but that Batman looks pretty kick ass, dark knight to me!

Look at the records, Bugs fought his way past 2 mice, a duck and a frog (leave out the 6 year old girl). Batman knocked out the lone ranger and 3 aliens (some with super powers), and he's just an orphan! (well a billionare with unlimited R&D orphan) But still...

Batman battles his inner demons and is out for vengance, and he gets my vote.
 
I love Batman, but I'm voting for Bugs. Bugs is the modern version of the old Brer Rabbit stories, which in turn were derived from the stories of Anansi brought over to the new world from Africa on the slave ships. Anansi is the trickster of African mythology, and we see that in Bugs... Bugs IS the Trickster; he is Anansi, Raven, Coyote, Whiskeyjack, and Loki. He gets my vote!
 
Just for the record, I'm crushed at the defeat of the Jedi Master...

I must agree with Jeffy and Dale on this one...Bugs because he has stayed true...Batman lived on through many offshoots of the original...but changing along the way is not in the spirit of an icon.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Dale had me at Anansi and Loki. I was going to give Batman a sympathy vote as his ass is getting totally smoked by the bunny, but no, i know in my heart Bugs is the mightier icon of these two.
 
I'm in total agreemen with west-bear. I mean seriously, we want Bugs Bunny to win this whole thing! No way - Batman is everyone an icon should be: a muse that has a backstory with way more meat. And, some ripped muscles. :)
Batman for me.
L
 
Batman
 
can I vote twice? :)
I beg you....let's do the poster test. Who would you rather have on a poster in your bedroom, or rec room - bugs bunny?!! No way - give me batman! Lauren
 
Batman.
 
Gotta go with bugs.

Beyond DGJ's compasionate arguement, I couldn't agree with heliboy more.
 
I have cast my vote directly to the "committee" so as to keep things a secret. However, the kids would like to be heard. And for the final battle we have two votes for Batman.

J because he has a bat on him and G because he's dark and looks like a vampire - although he's not because he doesn't have vampire teeth and he's a superhero.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?