4.20.2007

Round 1 Match 63

Cinematic Gorilla Boon vs. Goofy Hero who cries "Spoon"!
King Kong: The big kahuna of giant gorillas. In a time when monkeys were the big media gimmick, a great big giant monkey was just about as cool as it got.
Tick: Big blue defender of "The City". Anyone who enjoyed the comics, cartoon, and short-lived sitcom remembers how cool the writing was in this send-up of comic superheroics. No wonder Ben Edlund went to work for Joss Whedon afterwards.
Criteria: Chairface Chippendale and the Deadly Bulb (Pigleg) capture Kong and set him loose on the unsuspecting City. Kong immediately falls in love with American Maid. Can Arthur and Tick stop the love-sick primate in time? You decide!

Comments:
This is a tough battle, since Kong is widely better known but ultimately boring, where as the Tick is less known, and not a classic hero, but super-cool.

My doubt evaporated when the Commisioner referenced the Deadly Bulb, though. The Tick has to win!
 
The Tick made me laugh. I wish I was like Thistle and could quote Simpson stuff but instead I'd quote Tick lines (I hope there are some).

I fear all King Kong did for me was give me a chuckle when he'd be used by Ad men for cheap gimmicks (love the breath mint commercial!).
 
i love the Tick and have no connection whatsoever to King Kong but...in a clash of icons, i have to admit it - Kong wins.
 
Say it with me....


SPOOOOOOON!
 
Ummm....spoon?
 
love the tick! "Oh, I'm just so darn big..." but in an iconic battle, Kong tramples the bug.
 
I am a much bigger fan of the Tick, however I remembered a Bob Newhart sketch about King Kong and a rookie security guard which was really hilarious. I even managed to get a copy of it on my computer but can't for the life of me figure out how to publish it so you can all listen.

Oh well, I laughed.
 
I have to go with the Tick here. Not only is it sarcastic humour which I enjoy, but according to Star TV he was the 18th best superhero! How can you beat that????

That and I have seen King Kong. I know I am deprived person.

Anonymous Trish
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?