3.23.2007

Round 1 Match 47

Sprite Smackdown!
Link: The hero of the "Zelda" series of games, featured mostly on the Nintendo systems. Also a mainstay of many costume parades at comic and sci-fi conventions.
Pikachu: (Gesundheit!) As the leader of the Pokeman craze, this little guy was either the greatest thing ever, or a spawn of Satan, depending on your age. Remember how this craze broke into North America? The stories of kids getting seizures from the rapid barrage of images? Pop culture that makes you swallow your tongue, now that's cool!
Criteria: Both are from gamer culture, and both have been parodied on Drawn Together. This one is a close call. Choose carefully!

Comments:
If my decision was based on their Drawn Together doppelgangers, Ling-Ling would definitely win against Xandir. However, we are talking about the actual characters here, so - once again - I agree with jon a. Link would squish the annoying little yellow thingy.
 
I find the above scene strangely arousing. But then again, I'm three beers in and not right in the head...

Jon is really into it this week and I am impressed. I don't give Ahhh_Crap about either of these characters so I salute Jon's efforts by voting whichever way he did.
 
Seeing resistance, I'll still support Pokémon #25 - Pikachu. Not only is the critter more widely known than Link, but the Pikachu blanket I have is helluva warm and snuggly.
 
PIKAAAAAAAAAAAA!
 
The biggest loser????

Jokingly I would say anyone that know enough about these two that they can make an intelligent comment.

Oh - I am sorry, I just couldn't come up with anything else humourous to go with the theme.

That being said, I will just be the tie breaker... unless one of them is on Sous-chein. My heart goes out to you Aberry.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?