3.09.2007

Round 1 Match 40

Uber-Geek vs Reverse Speak!
Napoleon: A new watershed of catch-phrases and pop-culture-speak was unleashed when this movie became popular. Mr. Dynamite has mad skills on the dance floor, is loyal to his friends. and can draw a Liger. All very cool.
Yoda: Sure he looks like Kermit the Frog and Ernest Borgnine's love child. Sure he speaks in a convoluted grammar that only Jean Chrétien could follow. But his wisdom and recognizable image make him undeniably cool. And, he totally kicked tail in the prequels.
Criteria: Grandma leaves Napoleon and Kip alone again. Uncle Rico is unavailable, so she calls the "Dagobah Housesitting Service" Yoda shows up like Mary Poppins. "Eat all the steak, I did not, my young padawan. Feed the alpaca, you now must."

Comments:
Having never seen either movie, I am at a slight disadvantage. My seasonal staff revere Mr. Dynamite as a demi-god. But after first seeing Ernest in McHale's Navy and then again on Airwolf, I have often wished that I could father his love child.

And Frank Oz really is a genius. They really shouldn't have CGI'd Yoda in the prequels. It was a travesty!! I guess maybe I did see the movies...

Yoda for the win
 
Gman - Green guy - cause he is in a movie (sorry for the fans of Napoleon Dynamite)
 
Okay so I am out of reality shows that I feel I can work with. And game shows are fairly close, so I have decided to pick my winners from "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"

Well this would be tough. Although I have never seen the Dynamite movies, this boy-man looks intelligent and a lot closer to 5th grade then the aging Yoda. Yoda was initally worried about the English Grammar questions. However, he was asked to give an example of a noun to which he replied "Ahhh... Questions difficult it is". They deemed this acceptable and he on to win the million he did.
 
Trust me - Napoleon is likely not smarter than the 5th graders - unless it is a drawing contest, then his Liger would blow away the competition. Especially if he spends a little extra time on the eyes.
Yoda is the bigger icon in this clash. He gets my vote.
 
Never saw Napolean Dynamite...

Yoda, winner he is.
 
Ernest in McHale's Navy? Father his love child?! I have no idea what that means.

Napolean is the under dog here but in world of icons...he is only that, an under dog; while Yoda represents the ultimate teacher. And his ass-backwards way of speaking is just endless fun if you want to annoy co-workers...although I suppose Napolean had his way of speaking, too, which I guess is how they ended up as bed-fellows (no, I'm not suggesting either would do THAT).

Winner not Napolean is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?