3.02.2007

Round 1 Match 35

Dinosaur vs. Delinquent
Yoshi: Of course the dinosaur-dragon character would become popular in the Mario-verse. It's money in the bank when it comes to pop culture marketing (next to giant robots or monkeys).
Bart Simpson: Homer has since become more prevalent, but in the early days of the Simpsons it was Bart who carried the catch-phrase ball. And as far as being iconic, you would hardly mistake Bart's silhouette for anyone else, and no one can deny his merchandising power.
Criteria: Combat could certainly come into play here. As well, the historical significance of the Mario franchise vs. The Simpsons. How about Bart vs. Yoshi in a marathon game of "Bonecrusher"?

Comments:
Much as I love Yoshi, I think the Bartman has got to take this one. He redeemed his crappy products sellout by making fun of it himself on the Simpsons.

Sorry Yoshi!
 
Even though Bart may not have voted with me in the first competition, he'll get my vote here.
 
I am not anonymous, but I have yet to come up with a good name!?!?!

I hate Bart. He annoys me. I don't like my children watching him as they learn bad habits. My cousin used to imitate him and it drove me crazy.

But, having never owned a gaming system I don't know who Yoshi is. Which is better the known evil or the unknown.

Well, Bart certainly doesn't deserve a squash, so I will have to vote for Yoshi
 
Yoshi? WTF is a yoshi?
Bart - again not a long-time contender in the overall battle to my mind, but for this battle, definitely the clear winner.
P.s. - sorry for the crap grammar and spelling on my bat vote, but I had a really squirmy dan on my lap at the time!
 
Yoshi... my favourite character from the Mario world... he's always my pick when playing Mario Kart or Mario Party...

Bart Simpson... mildly annoying, and I actually can't remember the last time I watched an episode of the Simpsons...

But I do still play video games.

Yoshi by a hair!
 
Yoshi is weak. Death to Yoshi.

Up until I started losing TV time to Baby Einstein and Thomas and Dora and all that...I had only missed 5...count them...5 Simpsons episodes.

I vote with my wasted time.
 
They should both die.

They've been horribly co-opted, even by their own masters.

They're on underwear, shower curtains.

Advertising and marketing disgusts me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?