2.23.2007

Round 1 Match 32


Toddler Fruitcakes vs Vintage Cheesecake!
Teletubbies: I am very envious of the Teletubbies. I would love to live in their world, where it is always nice weather, robotic vacuums keep your house tidy, and everything gets repeated to you four times. Very cool indeed.
Betty Boop: Perhaps the first example of a female character taking control of her sexuality. "Live-action" examples of Mae West, Madonna, or Britney come to mind, though I'm not sure that crowd really helps her out.
Criteria: What is cooler, a band of infantile surreal mouse-monkeys, or a flirtatious flapper who knows how to shake her money-maker?

Comments:
I have won the war over myself. I love the Teletubbies.

Plus, I'll support anyone who gets Jerry Falwell's tighty-whiteys a little tighter.

Big Hug!
 
I just can't seem to get the creative juices flowing to come up with a witty argument for either character. It's either because this is the ho-hum battle of the week or the fact that my kids just finished an episode of Teletubbies and they have somehow sucked my brain dry with their voodoo magic and evil gibberish.

Be gone, spawns of Barney. Back to pits of hell from whence you were misformed...

I guess that means I am voting for Boop.
 
G-Man votes for Teletubbies because "they have the coolest mind". Notice how he uses mind in the singular as if even he realizes that they share a brain.

Judemiester picks Teletubbies "just 'cause"
 
I loath the teletubbies.

Therefore, by default, I vote Betty Boop.
 
Okay so I am ready to start the Reality TV show race of the week. This week I have decided to play a round of the Apprentice... who is the better business man.

The teletubbies have given marketing a shot. And you would think that with their brainwashing ability it would be sucessful. However, they are marketing an age bracket that can not yet talk. Therefore they are unable to nag, whine and have temper tantrums to convince their parents to buy them their goodies.

However, a walk around any flea market, comic store or memorablia hut will tell you the Betty Boop is still going strong.

So I must say the Betty takes the prize. Teletubbies you are fired!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?