2.23.2007

Round 1 Match 31


Super-Cutesy vs. The Mouse that Roared!
Powerpuff Girls: Upstart superheroes who broke the traditional molds and labels, and brought a whole new demographic into their genre. So, like the Dixie Chicks, but with superpowers.
Mickey: The ultimate in franchise branding icons, next to perhaps Ron McD. There is no denying the House of Mouse's power in our world.
Criteria: Unless there is a huge backlash sentiment against Mickey's corporate success, (and before anyone throws stones on that basis, remember there is plenty of swag out there with Powerpuff Girls on it), I predict a cakewalk for the House of Mouse. Think I'm off-base? Prove it through your votes!

Comments:
If you want to know who is more widely known, it's a no-brainer for Mickey. But if that's what's this contest were about, we could count Google hits and skip the votes.

Mickey may still take the cake, but he won't get my support. PowerPuff girls have brand recognition, but they haven't sold out like the mouse.

Plus they have character. Blossom is mature and levelheaded, Bubbles is playful and gentle, and Buttercup (my favourite)is stubborn and aggro. Can anyone pin a defining characteristic on Disney's mascot?
 
A brand mark can't be a sellout - he's just doing his job which is to get as many people in the world to recognize him. Long before Tinkerbell and the castle were added to the rotation, the mouse was the face of the franchise. I don't disagree (and neither does Disney) that Mickey is starting to get tired, but in light of the fact that he is internationally recognized, I'll have to pick him for the win.
 
The kids are split here.

G takes Powerpuff Girls because they have powers and J takes Mickey because he is "big like me"
 
Gotta go with Mickey. One of my earliest memories invovled the Sorcerer's Apprentice... add in several trips to disney world and Mickey Mouse cartoons on TV (why did Goofy get to speak and not pluto? They're both dogs...) and this is an easy choice for me.

That and I don't know much about the Powerpuff Girls.

The mouse wins the house!
 
Who would win at Apprentice?


Duh.... Mickey. Mickey is made of money. I am sure that somewhere in the world his face is on money. Granted it may not be a legal currency,but it is more than Donald Trump can claim (I think - there is a Trump version of Monopoly, so I could be wrong.) Regardless, he is not fighting the Donald but the Powderpuff girls and although I was impressed that Jeffy knew all of their names, they will get my vote this week.
 
will or will not get your vote?
 
Oops will not.... Baby brain!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?