2.23.2007

Round 1 Match 29

It's David vs. Goliath! Good vs. Evil! A true battle of epic .... uh, yeah right.
Buckaroo: Perhaps he fits better in the first season of ironi-cool icons, but anyone who has talked movies with me knows that Buckaroo Banzai is totally cool. Forget Star Wars 7-9. Forget Wonder Woman. Forget even Watchmen. The movie everyone truly needs to campaign for is the sequel that was announced at the end of this masterpiece, "Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League." That's cool.
Darth Vader: The fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker is perhaps the most poetic story in modern pop culture, (notwithstanding our disappointment in the prequels). Vader is one of the most iconic pop culture images ever created. Just take a stroll through any comic/sci-fi convention floor. It's better than an Elvis festival.
Criteria: Real bad draw for the renaissance man of action. He is outgunned and outclassed. But stranger things have happened here at the 'Clash, and Buckaroo has gotten out of tougher scrapes than this before. Like the time Hanoi Xan captured him, and strapped him to a... but I digress. Game On!

Comments:
I may not be as obsessed with Star Wars as my dear friends from "That '70s Show", however all the main characters are near and dear to my heart.

Star Wars was the first live action film that I saw in theatres and I remember it well. My dad took me so that he had an excuse to go (he's a sci-fi junkie). Darth was a great villain and the cause of many a sleepless night. For that great memory, he gets my vote.
 
Two votes for Darth.

G because he has a scary mask and J because he is really ugly on top. I think that's the same reason..
 
I agree with everyone.

Unless someone after me votes for that Buckaroo guy.

Which they won't.
 
Darth Vador. No contest.
Buckaroo who? Yah... that's what I thought. I sense a squash coming on...
 
So we continue with Apprentice...

First we have the unknown Buckaroo. Granted the name would be helpful if Apprentice was hosted in Texas, but this version is being held in Georgetown, so it is not that useful - unless you drift down to Nashville North.

Darth Vader however, is a classic hero of the WASPs in G-town. They quickly buy up all of his merchandise. Not only because they are a little scared, but because of sentiment (see previous arguements).

Darth Vader gets to stay in the mansion while poor Buckaroo gets kicked out of the boardroom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?