1.04.2007

Round 1 Match 2

Cyborg Agent vs. The Class Menagerie
Steve Austin: No, not that Steve Austin. This guy was way more bad-ass than that guy will ever be. This Steve Austin fought a Sasquatch. And wore a kickin' orange jumpsuit. And married Farrah Fawcett (well, the actor did anyway). That's cool
Backyardigans: Also cool are these 5 animals who have make-believe adventures in their big shared backyard. They sing catchy songs, dance, and incorporate enough "dual-level" humour to keep parents sane and kids entertained. Ask any parent; the Backyardigans are usually the best thing on their TV on a given day.
Criteria: While a combat discussion would certainly be interesting, I don't think we really need to decide who could beat up who here. Keep your opinions to topics of popularity, coolness, (who would get more ladies at a party, Pablo or the 6M-Man?). Certainly there is a generational retro vs current theme at play here as well.

Comments:
Okay so I new to this sport as I did not have cable when I was a youngin and sadly did not know many of last year's candidates. I have decided that the criteria for my selections this week are based on who would last longer in Survivor.

That being said, obviously the backyardigans would win in this match. Not only can they create anything they want or need with their vivid imaginations, but they already have an alliance of five.

So - backyardigans
 
Steve Austin may have battled Bigfoot, but the Backyardigans have thwarted the "Yeti, Yeti, Yeti", pirates, mounties and a whole host of other dangerous creatures. They don't need technology to be hero's, just the power of their imaginations.

But that alone wasn't really enough to cast my vote in stone. So, after conducting an in depth survey, it turns out Backyardigans have more securely embedded themselves in the collective pyche of all the world - well at least my coworkers. The younger ones have no idea who Steve Austin is but know the Backyardigans and the older generation (even those with kids our age)have fond memories of our bionic man and know the Backyardigans.

They win.
 
Hmm, a trend is going on here. I have to support the Backyardigans over the 6 Million dollar man.

That being said, I watched that show religiously as a kid. That being said, I watch my daughters dvd's of the backyardigans, even when she is not watching them. Something about Uniqua and her hip sway!

Baywatch Joe
 
hmmm. The Backyardigans may well be on their way to higher pop culture status than the Six Million Dollar Man. I still remember fondly pretending to jump and run like Steve, making the "wa wa wa" noises as i did so, but i sing a lot more Yeti Stomp and I Want My River Back nowadays. I think I reference the Backyardigans more than others would reference Steve Austin.
The Backyardigans for me!
 
i'm not sure who these things are... but i'm intrigued by the mysterious looking in the six-million-dollar-man's eye.... Ooooooh Ahhhhh!
what's the question...???

-iRis
 
O-bear picks the man because I like him because he does "spreamey" stuff and it makes me "laugh freem"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?