1.26.2007

Round 1 Match 15

Preciousss vs. Eeediots!
Gollum: The template for every stool-pigeon, low-life informant character to come since. Starsky and Hutch's Huggie Bear? Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon? Totally Gollum. Also proved his worthiness as he stole all his scenes during the film franchise.
Ren and Stimpy: These two dominated the media consciousness in the early 90's with a surreal, "shock and awe" style not to be seen again (until South Park). Were they cool? Many thought so, and for that they will be eternally damned.
Criteria: Neither contender is traditionally "cool" (although you can't dispute their media prevalence) so evaluation criteria is hard to pin down. How about a gross-out contest?

Comments:
All three creep me out. However, the movie version of Gollum wasn't near as bad as I had him pictured in my head while reading the books - which have been read by hundreds of millions of people world wide.

Ren and Stimpy are just a pussy zit on this faceless world.

Gollum wins.
 
That's charming, and yet, may be more than Ren and Stimpy deserve.

Put me on team Gollum, preciousssss!
 
hmmm... Gollum, not only a great literary and movie character, But the saving grace of the marathon musical that I had the pleasure of seeing. (No sarcasm - I really liked it and was sad to see it go so quickly). Yes I have to agree he is precious.

Mr Bill???? Is he related to Bill??? Is this the week of pick someone that Trish has never heard of????

So, I have to say Shrek for the win
 
Crap!!! Wrong contest. I actually do know who Rem and Stimpy are.

But Shrek (and Gollum) are still better.
 
Having never actually seen Ren & Stimpy it's again an easy choice for me...

Gollum creeped the hell out of me... and therefore deserves the win.
 
Gollum. There is no question.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?