1.26.2007

Round 1 Match 14

Master Sleuth vs. Legislative Truth
Sherlock Holmes: Holmes not cool? Replace the goofy hat with a cane and graphic T-shirts, and you've got Dr. House, (Holmes="Homes"="House" get it?) the current darling of evening TV drama. As the forefather of deductive mystery fiction, Sherlock is cool.
A Bill: "...just a lonely old bill, sitting here on capital hill." The undisputed star of the Schoolhouse Rock franchise. I may not remember much about the American legislative process, but I sure remember that song.
Criteria: Interplanet Janet has been found dead, run over by the conjunction junction train as it passed a schoolbus, which had to stop and yield according to the Bill's newly enacted law. Holmes is called to investigate. Discuss.

Comments:
Sherlock Holmes was addicted to Cocaine. "Bill" was addicted to power - even though he sounded sad and lonely. High on Cocaine makes you feel powerful. Being turned into a law makes you powerful.

Bill wins.
 
Sherlock was into the blow?

This makes sense. All his friends must have been trying to get him clean when they kept saying "No shit, Sherlock!"

The bill's cute, but part of a corrupt system of governance effectively skewered in the Simpsons episodeThe Day the Violence Died, which showed musicaly how an amendment can be used to bypass the Constitution and make all sorts of crazy laws.

Sherlock for the win, Holmes.
 
Again - I don't know Bill. I know lots of laws that I don't really like because I find them inconvenient. I know some that I appreciate, because I they keep my safe. But I don't know Bill.

Sherlock Holmes reminds me of English classes (even though I don't think that we ever read one - probably because of that coke habit). That being said -

Shrek for the win
 
Sherlock Holmes is iconic in my mind...

It's no contest... Holmes all the way...
 
I would like to see where it was writ that "The Bill" is the most iconic character from Schoolhouse Rocks...
On a scale from obscurity to iconic status, Homes is super great.
Elementary.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?