6.23.2006

Round 5: Animal Division

Animal Division Finals!
For your consideration:
Curious George (aka The Franchise Player, The Prime Mate, The Monkey Champion)
Victories over: Donkey Kong, Hobbes, Gleek, Babar
Jerome (aka The Spoiler, The Dark Horse, The CBC Champion)
Victories over: Hammy Hampster, Smokey, Frogger, Jeremy Bear

Jerome, in my humble opinion, only has a "puncher's chance" against the power and fury of George. That being said, I don't have a vote, and as seen from Jerome's track record, strange reversals of fortune are standard business at ICON-O-CLASH. Can the skinny kid from the Savannah take down such a omnipresent icon? Vote now and determine their fate!


Comments:
Jerome is Canadian and therefore automatically squashes his opponent. WHY you ask? Because since my son decided to join the US Navy I have decided there is disturbingly little support for the Canadian underdog.

So take that you over-merchandised, I see you everywhere, didn't see your movie, always-smiling and therfore nauseating MONKEY!
 
george. haven't seen the movie... but i really like him.
 
For using the word "Gavric" you automatically lose a turn.
 
picks George (not surprising since he's on her underwear today)

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
 
i really really really vote for the monkey!
 
Jerome gets my vote even though I caught him a few times looking in Rusty's pouch at in-opportune moments.

The monkey promotes smoking.
 
that is so funny.
I always skip that part when I read O-Bear that story.
I always read it, "After a good meal, (ignore part where George smokes a pipe and quickly turn the page), George went to bed.
 
I have to go with Curious George... a childhood favourite of mine...
 
unironic Curious George or uncool Jerome.

If anyone else still wants Jeremy, join me for support!
 
I thought you wanted Dr. Snuggles to be reincarnated.
 
Jeremy Bear for the win!
But just as a safety - I have to go for Jerome as being more ironically cool than George - by virtue of his uncoolness.
 
Jeremy and Snuggles can both come alive!
 
I stand by my assertion that George's current resurgence in the realm of popular culture makes him un-ironic.

Jerome wins this one.
 
i'm still voting for the monkey. damn, that's one cute monkey... he's dorky enough to be ironic-cool.
 
Speaking of reviving our fallen icons, here's a story about the 75th birthday of the Elephant King himself.

http://ca.entertainment.yahoo.com/s/29062006/6/entertainment-babar-elephant-hero-children-s-books-turns-75.html;_ylt=AgzbLut7VlVQ.zjJ6w2SzShM5Gt.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?