2.10.2006

Round 1 Match 10: Potpourri Division


Clash of the Giant Blob-Shaped Puppet Suits!
HR Pufnstuff: What's that? You thought Scooby-Doo was about drugs? Take a look at this piece of LSD-influenced children's fantasy. That's right, a world where inanimate objects are alive and you get there by puffing on a magic flute (read: bong). Makes Alice in Wonderland look like a documentary.

Grimace: Wonder why Barney ended up purple? Look no further. Sure, A&W had a big teddybear. Sure, Harvey's shakes were better. But no one could deny the power of the big purple blob to shuck sugared ice-milk beverages. His happy meal toys were always the coolest.

Comments:
For not scaring the bejesus outta me at first glance, I vote for Grimace. There's the irony, that it was Pufnstuf that made me grimace.
 
I've got to go with Grimace, I suppose he brought out the part of me that roots for the underdog (just like Eeyore).
 
Gotta go with buddhakenji on this one - HRP is really scary looking. What were those guys on?
Grimace is just a big lovable representation of a milkshake and i loves me some milkshakes!
 
Huh? Who? Sometimes I think I blacked out during my childhood...but, if Grimace is out milkshakes - he gets my vote!
Lauren
 
I don't think I ever saw Pufnstuf in real life, but me ate plenty of McDonald's. Also, my high school english teacher had a purple knit dress with ambiguous collars both at the front and the back that we used to call her "grimace dress".

Grimace for the win!
HR can get stuffed!
 
puf daddy gets my vote. no friggin way mcraunchy's is getting a vote on this one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?