1.20.2006

Round 1 Match 7: Cute/Funny Division

CBC Battle!!

Casey: The ambiguously-gendered companion to Mr. Dressup. Along with Finnegan, they helped Mr. Dressup become one of the mainstays of Canadian kids' consciousness.

Rusty Rooster: The flute-playing, high-voiced bird companion to the Friendly Giant. Lack of good graphics aside, Rusty did play an important role in the Friendly Giant's stories. Although with all that good furniture in the castle, you would think that Rusty could live in something other than a bag on the wall.


Comments:
It breaks my heart to be forced to choose. The sight of them together brings back memories of vegetable soup and crackers while I sat on the floor to watch every day! If you offered a statuette of either to clutter my home with, I'd have to choose Rusty. He's just a cooler kid.
 
Rusty for sure. He had a bit of an attitude and always had cool things in his sack. And really, he had the best theme song ever written for a kids show.
 
Um, it has to be Rusty. Dur.

He's got a freakin' GIANT on his side, for cryin' out loud. ;)

Also, Casey always annoyed me.
 
oh - I see jon a and I are on the same page here. :)
 
who let's a kid live with a dog in a treehouse - or whatever. i admit i watched neither of these, but as Miss Kitty from my beloved Mr. Rogers is not an option, I'll go with Rusty...
 
Hmmm... what came in first? the puppet or the rooster?

Rusty could peck caseys button eyes out...

Plus... probably pretty damn hard to fight with somebody's hand up your ass.
 
Rusty Rusty Rusty... I curled up in that chair made for two... plus the giant lived nearby, There's always that hometown allegence.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?