1.07.2006

Potpourri Division: Round 1, Match 5


Annoying Sidekick Battle Part 1

Twiki: In the age of "Whatchutalkinbout Willis?" Twiki was created for the Buck Rogers TV show as a source of catchphrases and comedy relief. His main job was to carry an artificial intelligence advisor around his neck, which begs the question: why didn't the AI just get his own robot body? Wouldn't that be more efficient?

Snarf: The companion (butler? pet? wet-nurse?) to Lion-O, Snarf was usually found cowering in a corner, complaining in his whiny purr why the Prince of Thundera was getting into so much trouble (dude, he's got a huge sword, you've got a prehensile tail, you're the one who should be cautious not him).


Comments:
I know I watched Buck Rogers, but I cannot remember much about it. However, Thundercats - now there was a show. Snarf was pretty annoying though, but at least I remember him. He gets my vote...
 
Twiki. Snarf WAS annoying. Off to the side the other characters were constantly kicking the bejeezus out of that thing. Lost too many brain cells from the abuse.

Anoter reason: Twiki's voice (NOT Dr. Theopolis) was brought to you by Mel Blanc, the Voice Over GOD. And he'd say things like "Hubba hubba." Nuff said.

Zipped sounds: http://gilgerard.tripod.com/Sounds.htm
 
ditto for me vicbear, I can't remember much of Buck Rogers... but I remember fighting with my sister over who got to be cheetara..
snarf snarf, My vote's for snarf.
 
I can't vote for Snarfsnarf. I agree with vicbear about him being too annoying. Twiki is where it's at!
 
i gotta say, it we're still talking about being an icon in an ironic kind of way, my vote has to go to twiki. cute, in this case, doesn't equal ironic nor iconic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?