11.24.2005

Words from the Commissioner and Rulings so far

Thank you for all the suggestions. Keep them coming. Here are my answers to the discussion so far:
I am on the fence for:
I’m not familiar with Johnny 5, someone needs to remind me who that is.
Same with Purple Pieman
Does My Little Pony exist as a group or individual entity?
Does The California Raisins exist as a group or individual entity?
I am a little concerned about including entire casts of any show, even one as influential as G-Force. Though it may seem like a huge number, 128 spots will get filled pretty quickly. Probably not all the Gatchaman cast, but possibly more than just Kheop. Zoltar is in for sure.
7-Zark-7 is in with the condition that he goes against Orko from He-Man in the first round as the “most hated supporting character”. Also on that list would be Snarf from Thundercats and HERBIE from the mid-70's Fantastic 4 cartoon.
I had originally written down KITT, but eliminated him due to the live-action source material. It would have to be an exception, so I would need to hear a lot of support, as with The General Lee. We need to be cautious; I don't think we want to allow Fonzie's motorcycle or the A-Team's van do we?

I exclude the following:
Punky Brewster
Wolfman Jack

I wholeheartedly endorse the following:
Peter Puck
Dr Snuggles
Some or all (depending on support and room) of the Transformers mentioned.
California Raisins
Slimer
Dr. KLAW (not MADD) from I.Gadget
Great Gazoo
Grape Ape
Captain Caveman
The unrequited spaghetti eating Muppet (I think Jeffy successfully found a loophole that would let more muppets in)
I can't believe someone other than me remembers the great D&D cartoon. I had left it off thinking it was too obscure. This gives me licence to add the Herculoids, so I'm all for it.
Blip vs. Gleek is on, with the winner taking on the winner of Donkey Kong vs. Curious George.

Yes to iconography. I have thought about some bracketing systems (eg. the "dog" bracket, the “food” bracket) so maybe a system of to

Comments:
Purple Pie man - nemesis to Strawberry shortcake and her scooby gang.

As to groups - you have the keebler elves - so i say remove the cookie-making machines, or allow the raisins!

I think there were separate My Little Ponies (identified by the cute little bits of branding on their patoots).

If you are going to include villians - i would like to suggest Mummra from Thundercats, he was great and had the coolest toy made after him.

How about an Ewok? Widget? Was that his name?
 
I hate to nitpick in a way that excludes a favourite of mine, but isn't Donkey Kong too current or something?
 
As Cheryl will attest - I sometimes get carried away. I have drafted up an icon template for your consideration. Do you IM?

Email me at
jeffy[at]parsons-sheldrake[dot]com and I'll send you back some ideas.

Also if this is "taking over" too much, feel free to tell me to back off!
 
The Schmoo.
(seriously, what's not cool about a pale coloured pile of goo that can form any shape of any texture and density as long as it is pale coloured with small black eyes?)
 
are you not forgetting 6:30 am peole!!! Herc/Nuteon/the mask/Helen
OH OH and toote!! how could one forget Toote!!!
 
i see that most of my suggestions have already been made (namely Max Headroom and ALF). must be perth county thinking, eh, jon a?

i have not yet seen Schroeder, the piano-playing Peanuts-er. does Youppi qualify? that's a slippery slope, there.

as for villians? Daedelus for sure.
 
and might i suggest Yoshi vs. Princess Peach?
 
Elmer the Safety Elephant.
Smokey the Bear.
 
and Yoshi would SO kick Princess Peach's ASS! ;)
 
Max, from Where the Wild Things Are

Nancy Drew

Harriet the Spy

Ged from the Earthsea Trilogy

(why, yes, I was a bookish child)
 
Rich Uncle Moneybags (Monopoly)
Mr. Peanut (Planters Peanuts)
Mr. Turtle (Turtles)
 
Methinks BuddhaKenji has a thing for Team Cane and TopHat.

How 'bout a bid for the less well dressed Coppertone kid with the dog biting her swimsuit?

Or the "Love is..." kids.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?